’10 years ago, I was in a horrible marriage, I was going through depression and my colleagues at work hated my guts’ – Daddy Freeze

Reflecting on his life 10 years ago, Daddy Freeze says he was in a horrible marriage, he was going through depression and his colleagues at work hated his guts.

See his full post below…

This #10yearschallenge really got me thinking…..

10 years ago I was doing quite well financially, substantially better than I am now. I could walk into a shop and spend money on a rolex, mille or a Cartier watch without thinking twice….

I was also doing a lot in the Pentecostal church I was attending then….But the ‘doing well’ ended there. I was in a horrible marriage, I was going through depression and my colleagues at work hated my guts, in short there was a hole in my soul.

Fast forward 10 years later, I’m not doing as well financially, but my life has so much more meaning. My existence has definition and purpose, people come from across the world to hear me teach the scriptures, my communication with God is awesome in spirit and in truth, I have the most wonderful woman on earth, @tastebudzng beside me, believing in me. Against all odds we set up a church that is flourishing, souls are being won daily while we clean up the mess many Pentecostal churches are leaving behind.

Morale of the story; money is empty, hollow, and transient so NEVER let it determine the yardstick for measuring your success, instead value and purpose should. Your pastors have taught you to rate money very high, this is why a lot of people would say “Daddy Freeze is a failure, he is not a billionaire, he is still an employee of @coolfmlagos.” Well according to those standards Christ and the disciples were failures also, they were neither billionaires nor entrepreneurs.

I still love watches, cars and the good things of life; they light up my heart, but when I get a call from someone broken saying “Daddy Freeze your message saved me from suicide” or “Daddy Freeze, I knew if you picked my call my problem would be solved” or “Daddy Freeze, you have shown me scriptures I never knew existed and you have made me study the scriptures more”, my soul lights up!

by Linda Ikeji at 15/01/2019 8:17 AM | 15 Comments

Most Read Stories

Viral photos of man performing sex acts with dozens of women surface online  18+

Tonto Dikeh’s ex, Olakunle Churchill, replies her after she vehemently forbade to reconcile with him

You won’t believe how massive this lady’s backside now looks like 10-years after (Photo)

Update: Man accused of rape says he will die soon, releases video of one of his accusers licking his ass

Soul E’s ex-wife, Queen Ure’s second marriage packs up over constant sex, lack of money and greed

Nigerians drag twitter user who asked what Toke Makinwa does to afford the luxury things she has

Ladies get in here, how true is this tweet?

Toke Makinwa reveals a ‘non sexual’ thing that turns her on

Nigerian mum leaves disturbing note on IG

Nigerian mum who left disturbing note on IG asking followers to take care of her triplets finally speaks

Photo: Senator Melaye continues to sleep outside the DSS medical facility

• Man accused of being a serial rapist responds, releases nude photos women sent to him via DM and says his mum died this afternoon after reading about the rape accusations

Comments (15)

Emmanuel Ihedioha Kachi about 23 minutes ago

👏

Juliet Iwuno about 3 minutes ago

Words of wisdom! 👏👏👏💕# Mum Jay take note!

Iyke Emma about 22 minutes ago

Good for him

TYNII about 20 minutes ago

Hey everyone, I sure say una don notice say @Dapo and Co now comment less lately, here is the goodnews they refused to share, well all thanks to me cos I secured a job for @Dapo with FRSC and we all know how tedious it can get inside hot sun evidence not far fetched sure y’all noticed the cap on his head. @julius the ugly boy, I helped secure a job in a bakery make him dey clean pan and rub butter inside #1 per pan, so dem no born him well make him use work play, hence na #4 him go carry go house. Na this nonentity @Emmanuel ihedioha I dey find work for now, even though I got one in a poultry make him dey pack fowl shit but I want something that can kill him fast fast… 🤔 Any suggestion?

Bill about 11 minutes ago

Horrible marriage? Did anyone compel you into it? You are the horrible one and you I can assure you that many more people hate your guts than they did last 10 years.

Okowright Balaxy about 10 minutes ago

Foolish man, your loosed mouth never allowed you sustain your marriage

KING OMOBOLAJI ZARI about 10 minutes ago

THAT MAKES MORE SENSE

God Bless Nigeria about 8 minutes ago

Congrats Freeze. Please in the years ahead, be more spiritually discerning as to when to condemn and when to keep quiet. Even Jesus, in His time on earth didn’t condemn everything so as to not confuse the spiritually weak. Keeping quiet sometimes doesn’t mean you approve of what others are doing. No be everything eyes see mouth dey talk. No be everything eyes read, hands dey comment on

Offor Stella about 6 minutes ago

Abel O. about 4 minutes ago

This is inspiring. 10 years is a long time for positive change to happen; just believe!

Case Ejike about 4 minutes ago

We re in state of flux and each individual will discover themselves at the pointed time, the reason we should not condemn anyone

D’SlimHousekeepah about 4 minutes ago

If wot u are saying its tru, change ur name to pastor freeze

Emily about 3 minutes ago

Just passing by

Monigeta about 3 minutes ago

Freeze..

martin lagat about 1 minute ago

WHEN NEXT I COME TO NIG.,I WILL CHECK ON YOU,I ASKED ONE,LADY PREACHER YESTERDAY,HERE IN MADRID,IF SHE KNOWS YOU,? SHE SHOUTED THAT MAN IS ANTI-CHRIST. I THEN ASKED HER,CAN SHE EXPLAIN HOW THE CHINESE AND THE HINDUS OF INDIA WITH A HIGH POPULATION DO NOT FOLLOW CHRIST,BUT ARE VERY SUCCESSFUL? WHY DON’T THEY SAW SEED? SHE WAS BLABBING.NO COMMENT.